Is there a conference fee?
- Yes, there is! Please review our marketing package materials for more details. If you haven't received our marketing package, please email email@example.com and we will send you one promptly. The conference fee is used to fund food and accommodations, transportation costs, and other logistical costs to organize the conference.
What does the conference fee cover?
- It will cover basic accommodations (lodging at Harvard College dorm rooms and food) during the conference, as well as transportation costs involved in tours or attending conference programs from April 12-16th. It does not cover transportation costs from your current place of residence to Harvard College Campus or other external spending (gifts, tourism, snacks, etc).
Will transportation to and from the airport in Boston be provided?
- We are unfortunately unable to arrange for private transportation to and from the airport due to different arrival times for participants. However, the T (MBTA Subway) offers free rides from the airport to Harvard Campus. We will send out directions on how to get from the airport to Harvard University.
Is there any financial aid available?
- Yes, we will provide need-based financial aid after you are accepted into the program. We will send out financial aid forms for you to complete.
How do I pay for the conference fee?
- We will send out emails to all accepted students with detailed instructions on payment and refund policies.
Is the conference fee refundable?
- It will only be refundable if you notify us 1 month prior to the conference starting date that you are no longer able to attend.
Is there an application fee?
- No, it's free to apply. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until Feb 28th, 2017, 11:59 PM EST. Please submit your application at your earliest convenience.
What are the steps involved in applying?
- You will first need to fill out the written application found on the website. If your application is selected to proceed to the next round, we will contact you within the following 2 weeks to set up an interview and make a final decision about your acceptance.
How many applicants are you looking to accept?
- We will be accepting ~60 students for our inaugural conference, 30 from colleges in China, and 30 from colleges in the United States.
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must have genuine interest in the arts, be comfortable with speaking and writing in English, and be currently enrolled in a college in China or the United States.
What is the final deadline to apply?
- February 28th, 2017, 11:59 PM EST